Pages

Wednesday 1 April 2015

Not Writing

Hello.

Yesterday was due to be a 'Writing Tuesday'. I had actually thought about this one in advance and done some writing in a notebook earmarked for the purpose last week. But this week I have the flu, and today we have moved house, and I just do not have the brain space to be able to edit what I scribbled down and share it with you. I'm sorry. The prompt was this:

When you have a free morning, how do you take advantage of this time? How does this kind of morning differ from a morning filled with important things to do and why?

I'd love to hear what makes a perfect morning for you in the comments! When all this is over and my brain is working again I'll enjoy reading through, and next month I will be back up and running with prompts and trying to push myself again. I think maybe there was just a bit too much new, all at once.

Thank you, readers, for being lovely :-)

4 comments:

  1. A free morning involves no alarm clock, no plans, no anything. I can roll out of bed whenever I want (which winds up being around the same time anyway) and laze around in my PJs until I feel like I should be a presentable human being (which may wind up being never for that day :D). I can spend an unhealthy amount of time on the computer or reading or whatever I feel like. How does this differ? I guess as a housewife I could always have it that way if I wanted. But I don't so my days usually start with a workout, breakfast, shower, and then diving into whatever tasks need accomplished for the day/week. It's a good way to unwind from the week and relax my "doing all the things" mindset.

    I guess the TL;DR version is that a perfect morning for me is nothingness. A free morning is just free.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops, I hit publish instead of preview! Also wanted to say I hope you're recovering from both the move and the flu! That sounds like a daunting combo.

      Delete
  2. I also had thought in advance, in fact I wrote the the whole thing last week, but forgot to put it up on Tuesday :/ [https://www.tumblr.com/blog/writingtesdays]

    Hope you are past the worst of both flu and move now, Becca! :)



    ReplyDelete
  3. I won't have time to do a proper post for this prompt because the boys are off school!
    For me, a free morning means alternating between reading blogs and cross stitching. Putting Planet Rock on the radio and listening to my music instead of Cartoon Network.
    Hope you are feeling better now.

    ReplyDelete