Pages

Monday 22 January 2018

One Word for 2018: Process




Ironically, I spent half a naptime writing this post on my phone and then it didn't save. I guess it's just life checking that I mean what I say! 

I was trapped underneath a needy, sleepy boy. He had his hair cut this morning and had wailed throughout the entire ordeal. We pulled it back with a play in the cars at the early learning centre, but emotionally we were but exhausted. He fell asleep in a cuddle and after one failed attempt at the cot transfer, I accepted that maybe some comfort was what he needed. 

I did have other plans for that nap time. All of the bedding needed washing, and I needed to construct a meatloaf for tea tonight. Then there's the rocky road I bought myself as a reward for surviving the haircut experience. I was looking forward to an uninterrupted cup of tea and a treat. 

At the end of last year I found myself entirely frustrated. Months of sleepless nights and minimal down time meant I was desperate to create something but didn't have the energy to do it well. Instead I took short cuts and then cried when the result was less than satisfactory. 

This year I have decided to reset, to go back to the reason I got into crafting in the first place: the opportunities to connect with others and the joy of creating something special. I'm hoping to enjoy the "Process": of creating, exercising, working, child rearing, and who knows, maybe I'll achieve something as I go?!

In the meantime, here's a grainy picture of my sleeping beauty. 


(You might need to turn your screen brightness up to see him... like one of those magic pictures!)

No comments:

Post a Comment