Pages

Tuesday 24 December 2019

Making a Space

For a year or so, I had the luxury of a sewing room. The bigger munchkin had moved out of the nursery into his "big boy room" and the smaller munchkin hadn't yet arrived. It was great to be able to leave the sewing machines set up and just pop in to do 10 minutes sewing when I had the chance.


With the arrival of number 2 I moved my sewing space to our spare room. It's a nice enough setup, with a desk that has an extra nested table and everything within reach in the drawers, and worked beautifully during the summer.


But now it's cold and rainy, and if you've been paying attention you'll remember that we dry our clothes in the spare room too. A jungle of damp clothes doesn't make for a lovely environment to craft in, so I hadn't made anything for ages and it was getting me down.

Time for another move- maybe just temporary- my sewing machine is now in the bedroom on the dressing table! The serger is still upstairs because I don't want little hands playing with it but I have at least started sewing together some toy bags I've been wanting for months, and the creative itch has been scratched which is great news for my mood and therefore the whole family!


Do you have a permanent or temporary set up for crafting equipment? 

No comments:

Post a Comment